If like us you like to change it up, there will come a time where you consider the much-loved option of a fringe. But unlike Edinburgh’s annual festival, a fringe is a long-term commitment, something that will stay with you for a while – not a temporary month long moment of madness!
Before you get the snip here are our Do’s and Dont’s to a successful fringe.
- Make sure you keep it up to date. It is not the sixties and the fringe has moved on so embrace a modern look.
- Try a heavy fringe to hide problem eyebrows.
- Consider your hair. What’s right for straight hair won’t work on curls.
- Use fringe friendly products. Heavy, oily products will weight it down and make it greasy.
- Don’t be afraid to pop in for regular fringe trims. Never cut it yourself EVER!
- If it’s too much of a step, then start off with longer soft bangs to test the water.
- Rush into a fringe. It takes time and effort to keep it looking good.
- Just consider your face shape or the size of your forehead. For example if you have oily skin it means an oily fringe!
- Be afraid to fake it like Kendal Jenner.
- Go too short, unless you want to make a statement.
- Worry if you don’t love your bangs, they grow back eventually!
We recently had an exciting in salon seminar with Morena from GHD.
Was really interesting finding out the background of the company and how they came about creating the first ever classic GHD Straightener, which all women loved when it was first launched.
So from the styling products to the Flat Irons and the Curves we’ve learned the ins and outs and we’re super excited to pass on our new found knowledge on to you.
We got to work with some models to get that extra practice that we can’t get in busy salon time..
Our girls loved getting to try and test the whole range.
Our Senior Stylist Linden said she “Loved the Creative Curl wand with a new wrapping technique to give big glam Hollywood waves” and our Salon Assistant Ceilidh loved getting to try out the recently launched GHD Platinums..
We also got to try out the new GHD Advanced Split End Therapy, which is a quick and easy way to seel those unwanted split ends, gave such a beautiful shine and made Claire’s hair so much healthier. Keep your eyes peeled for more information on this amazing product!!
All in all great session all round and we look forward to teaching all you guys how to get the most out of your stylers, but in the mean time here’s some step by steps you can try at home..
And with that we are offering £20 off selected GHD Stylers in salon for a limited time only!!