It’s beginning to feel a lot like the long run up to Christmas. You can feel the chill in the air so the heating is on and the big Christmas adverts are starting to appear on the TV – and it’s not even Halloween yet!
It’s a time when our thoughts start to turn to the big day – and the count down to it. The parties, the no more free weekends, the endless lists of things to do especially when it comes to buying Christmas presents…who gets what!
Unfortunately we can’t help you with all of this… but we can help you look fabulous over the Christmas period.
In the midst of all the mayhem –
Don’t forget that it’s hard to look fresh and festive if your hair is not on point.
It’s a busy time in the salon and with only eight weeks till the big day.
So to avoid last minute panic don’t forget to BOOK YOUR PRE CHRISTMAS APPOINTMENTS NOW.
After all you don’t want the turkey to get all the trimmings!
Call the Salon today to book your appointment on 0131 558 7777.
Nothing gives you that lux feeling that a proper blow -dry. This autumn we’ve introduced our new blow dry bar menu, which gives you the option to choose much more than just a fabulous blow dry.
Pick from a range of sumptuous treatments that will give your hair the tonic it needs between cuts. We’ve got great glosses, colour keepers and even plumping scalp dermabrasions for your hair. So why not treat yourself to a proper blow dry with one of these great add ons…
Pick Me Up
A shot of colour and shine to get your hair ready for the weekend.
Deep hydrating treatment, which locks in protein and moisture leaving your hair feeling healthy and hydrated.
A glossing service to keep up your shine.
Remove build up from your scalp for a super clean feel – giving new hair a chance to grow.
With a take home top –up, refresh the depth and tone of your colour for longer.
Protein Pamper Plus
A bespoke treatment tailored to the condition of your hair and scalp.
The celeb choice – why not try our fantastic Olaplex stand-alone treatment – to penetrate your hair cuticles and repair bonds.
Book in today 0131 – 558 – 7777
As the weather changes the fashion magazine pages are filled with the new season’s fashion trends. They tempt us with long leather boots, winter coats and chic accessories to keep us warm and looking on trend this winter.
Autumn is also a great time to embrace a new colour trend. So here’s our guide to this season’s most stylish shades…
Tom Ford’s two-tone red sequin floor length dresses sparkled at fashion week. Take a leaf out of his book by embracing the difference of bronde! It doesn’t matter if you’re blonde, red or brunette achieve this look by adding warm and rich tones.
Punk it up
Take a lead from Alexander McQueen and Saint Laurent and be bad-ass. If you have dark brunette or black hair try adding some red accents to subtly brighten up your colour.
Pretty in Pink
This season Gucci models stalked runway in top to toe candy pink, so if you’re feeling sweet then why not try a dusky rose gold hue for your hair.
If like Balenciaga’s bright floral colours you are still clinging on to a summer, then this season’s baby lights are for you. Small flashes of light add a sun kissed look for dull winter days.
Why not book a free colour consultation with one of our stylists today?
If like us you like to change it up, there will come a time where you consider the much-loved option of a fringe. But unlike Edinburgh’s annual festival, a fringe is a long-term commitment, something that will stay with you for a while – not a temporary month long moment of madness!
Before you get the snip here are our Do’s and Dont’s to a successful fringe.
- Make sure you keep it up to date. It is not the sixties and the fringe has moved on so embrace a modern look.
- Try a heavy fringe to hide problem eyebrows.
- Consider your hair. What’s right for straight hair won’t work on curls.
- Use fringe friendly products. Heavy, oily products will weight it down and make it greasy.
- Don’t be afraid to pop in for regular fringe trims. Never cut it yourself EVER!
- If it’s too much of a step, then start off with longer soft bangs to test the water.
- Rush into a fringe. It takes time and effort to keep it looking good.
- Just consider your face shape or the size of your forehead. For example if you have oily skin it means an oily fringe!
- Be afraid to fake it like Kendal Jenner.
- Go too short, unless you want to make a statement.
- Worry if you don’t love your bangs, they grow back eventually!
We recently had an exciting in salon seminar with Morena from GHD.
Was really interesting finding out the background of the company and how they came about creating the first ever classic GHD Straightener, which all women loved when it was first launched.
So from the styling products to the Flat Irons and the Curves we’ve learned the ins and outs and we’re super excited to pass on our new found knowledge on to you.
We got to work with some models to get that extra practice that we can’t get in busy salon time..
Our girls loved getting to try and test the whole range.
Our Senior Stylist Linden said she “Loved the Creative Curl wand with a new wrapping technique to give big glam Hollywood waves” and our Salon Assistant Ceilidh loved getting to try out the recently launched GHD Platinums..
We also got to try out the new GHD Advanced Split End Therapy, which is a quick and easy way to seel those unwanted split ends, gave such a beautiful shine and made Claire’s hair so much healthier. Keep your eyes peeled for more information on this amazing product!!
All in all great session all round and we look forward to teaching all you guys how to get the most out of your stylers, but in the mean time here’s some step by steps you can try at home..
And with that we are offering £20 off selected GHD Stylers in salon for a limited time only!!
As I sit here on my sun lounger with my hair wrapped in a Joan Collins style turban (to stop my hair look like a frazzled poodle) I ponder whether I should have paid more attention to how to look after my hair on holiday. After all I have 20 pairs of shoes for the next 7 days, perhaps there was some room in my case for some essential products to keep my hair as pampered and relaxed as the rest of me during my holiday.
To make sure you don’t make that mistake here are Dean’s handy hints for happy holiday hair
Watching your weight – There’s no need to take your full size products with you with Energy-coded Wella Trio Travel Pack Minis (£15). These kits are the perfect amount for a week away and light and easy to pack.
Beach babe – We all want sexy beach waves. If you have straight hair use the Eimi Sugar Lift (Shiny Sugar Spray) or Eimi Ocean Spritz (Matte Salt Spray) for a tousled sea kissed effect. For those with a natural wave or curl in hair then Sebastian Whipped Crème is the ideal product. Apply the product, twist small sections of hair, leave to dry and then shake it all out. The bonus is it’s really moisturising too.
Got protection? – It’s not just your skin that you need to look after. Try the new System Professional Solar Range to fight humidity and chlorine.
Sun style – In the sun you want to keep you hair tied up but still stylish, this seasons braids and pleats are the on trend answer for high fashion hair by the pool. Stylist tip is to pull your hair back off your face but not tightly so you get a soft and pretty look.
Post holiday blues – Once you are back from your trip, it’s time to book a hair appointment. Your hair dresser will refresh your sun lightened colour and trim any heat damage. After all you look like a bronze goddess and your hair needs to look amazing too.
What’s your prom look?
End of term prom means it’s time to bring out the real you. It’s your chance to make a statement, with the right dress, the right guy
or not! and of course the right hairdo!
So to help you express yourself – we’ve pulled together four fabulous prom trends. Which one are you?
Girl Next Door
Are you the girl that your date would want to take home to his mum? With a soft, sweet yet sassy up do – you will look perfectly put together for the big night.
Up All Night
Do you have a reputation as a party animal? Yes – then your hair needs to be able to keep up with you! Why not try big, messy curls so that you’ll always look amazing no matter what time you get home.
Were you born to be prom queen? Then it’s your chance to take the spot light. Take a tip from Olivia Wilde and go for an ultra-glam braided bun and get ready for your big moment.
Why conform when it’s more fun to be funky. Be seen as the coolest chic at prom by rocking a braided mohawk.
So let’s make a decision.. Remember we are on hand to help you. Here are some
more looks we’re loving
Hair is one of a long list of stresses when it comes to planning a wedding.
We’ve put together a 10-step guide to easy wedding hair so it’s one less thing to worry about!
- First things first – give us a call to book your appointment for the day of the wedding.
- Planning is always the secret to success. Start three months before the big day by chatting through your theme and the look your going for with your stylist.
- It’s always to good to have a style that you love. You’ll find great inspiration on Pinterest and Instagram. Remember that the style of your dress will affect the overall look.
- Much as we would all like red carpet hair for our wedding, you’ll find that most celebrities have hair extensions. Your stylist will guide you to find a style that is fabulous – but realistic.
- Don’t fall into the ‘I’m growing my hair for my wedding’ trap! Keep having regular haircuts. It will keep your hair strong and healthy and a trip to the salon is a great opportunity for a bit of me time away from wedding planning.
- Your hair is your crowning glory so it needs to be in tip-top condition. We will recommend the best course of in-salon and at home treatments for you.
- Don’t make any drastic colour changes close to your wedding. If you do want something different, make the change as soon as possible. Your final colour appointment should be to maintain your existing colour – after all we don’t want any shocks.
- Book your hair rehearsal one month before your big day. Bring any headpieces, hairpieces or veils that you will be wearing. It’s also good to bring a bridesmaid to get their opinion and to take pictures from all angles. Remember to be honest with your stylist – this is your wedding so you need to be happy with your hair.
- Your last appointment should be two weeks before your wedding. Treat yourself to a colour freshen, trim and a treatment.
- On the big day all you need to do is feel relaxed and confident. You may be nervous but at least you know your hair looks amazing.
Redesigned with the new EnergyCode complex.
There are over 174 Million EnergyCode combinations.
So what does EnergyCode mean to you the client?
Easy…the technology has been designed to make your hair:
- Visibly healthier
- Soft to touch
- Virgin feeling
- More responsive to colour
- Easier to style
So here is a great chance to have a bespoke range of hair care products personally chosen for you to use at home.
Come into the salon to find out your unique EnergyCode.
It’s Christmas party time of year again. The office is a flurry of excitement with talk of new dresses, shoes and bags. But more often than not your hair do is left to the last moment!
I have a couple of really simple rules to make sure that you hair is the crowning glory to your Christmas party outfit.
Firstly your hair is part of your look. If your dress has frills and fuss, then keep your hair sleek and simple, you don’t want to end up looking like the fairy on the top of the tree. A simple blow dry can make you look and feel fabulous.
Choose a style that will last the whole evening. There is nothing worse than starting the night out with a head of luxurious curls that end up limp and stuck to your face as you strut your funky stuff on the dance floor.
This year hair accessories are a key trend, with designers such as Dolce & Gabanna and Chanel using crystal clips and leather headbands. So why not finish your outfit with something that will make your hair look amazing.
So if you stick with these top tips you’re bound to be best dressed at this year’s night out. And don’t forget to be good!